The Linksys RE6300 Extender is the most amazing extender for providing high-speed internet to dead zones. Setting up the Linksys RE6300 Extender as an Extender mode is simple using the instructions below Because we set up the extender through the web-based setup feature in the next stages, there is no need to install any software or configure any drives. All you need is a working Wi-Fi connection and a username and password.
Make sure the following conditions are satisfied before beginning the setup process:
- A strong and active Wi-Fi connection.
- A password and an SSID (Wi-Fi name) are required.
- Before you begin the setup procedure, make sure your Linksys RE6300 Extender has a flashing orange light.
This section will show you how to set up a range extender for an access point.
Step 1: First, put your wifi range extender into a power outlet. Wait for the orange light to turn on.
Step 2: Connect your wireless router to the range extender with an Ethernet cable. Depending on the type of the extender, you’ll have to wait until the light becomes green before proceeding to the next stage of the Linksys RE6300 Setup.
Step 3: Connect a wireless computer system or a smart mobile device to the Linksys range extender’s default SSID (network name), Linksys Extender Setup-xxx.
The xxx represents the final three characters of the range extender’s MAC address, which can be found on the back of your system name.
Step 4: On your smart device, open any online browser and input ‘extender.linksys.com‘ in the Address bar. If it doesn’t load, you’ll have to look in your router’s DHCP client table for your extender’s IP address.
Step 5: Select StartUP from the drop-down menu.
Step 6: Click the Next button under the As a Wired Range Extender option.
If you have not connected an ethernet cable to your router or turned off the Linksys extender, it will prompt you to connect the wire and try again.
Step 7: Create a new network for your Range Extender to broadcast to, then click Next.
Note: You must manually configure your Wired Equivalent Protocol (WEP) extension if you need to set up Wi-Fi through Wired Equivalent Protocol (WEP), as the Setup Wizard only includes WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode and WPA2 (preferred) choices. To accomplish this, repeat Steps 1 through 4 and choose the Linksys RE6300 Manual setup.
Step 8: Create a password for your Linksys range extender and then save it. If you wish to add a password hint, you can do it in a different way.
Step 9: You may be requested to register the Linksys product in order to get notifications and other information, as well as to enhance and update your experience.
Enter your email address and select Next, or go to the next step. Your Linksys extender RE6300 configuration has now been successfully enabled in Access Point mode. Unless you’ve completed all of the procedures and your range extender is set to Access Point mode, the Dual Band Wireless Access Point will appear in the top-right header.
Troubleshooting steps for Linksys RE6300 wifi range extender.
- Your computer and router must both be turned on, with the router’s green power turned on.
- Verify that any physical connections between the Wireless Router and other devices are secure.
- Check that each of your hardware connections’ Link light is turned on (green).
- Confirm that the Wireless Router uses the same Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Service Set Identifier (SSID) settings as the rest of the network’s devices. To double-check these settings, go to:
- In the address box of your web browser, input http://192.168.1.1 and hit “Enter.” The user name and password options will display; just leave the user name box blank and write admin in the password field and press enter; the router configuration page will appear.
Note: You must input the new username and password if you change the username and password while setting up your router security.
- Double-check that the WEP configuration on all other wireless devices on the network is the same.
- Double-check that the SSID matches the SSID of all other devices on the network.
- Keep network cabling away from power outlets, fluorescent lights, UNINTERRUPTIBLE power supply, and other powerful electromagnetic interference sources.
- If everything else fails, you can restore the factory default settings to the router.
- Put a pen or something tiny enough to fit through the front of the router’s Reset hole. Hold the reset button down for three seconds, or until the red Diag light illuminates. Your computer should be restarted.
- Refer to the User Guide on the Linksys Setup Utility CD for further details.
- If you continue to have issues setting up your Linksys Wireless Range Extender, please visit the Linksys official website. We don’t give technical help in any form since we don’t have any.
The RE6300 Linksys Extender Setup is a range extender that can extend the range of your wireless network fast and effectively. You may use the Linksys RE6300 as an access point or as a range extender depending on how you configure it.