There are instances when while opening, upgrading, and restoring the company file, users get QuickBooks error 6123. The error comes up on the screen along with a message, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” It usually occurs because of damaged QuickBooks company files and issues with QuickBooks. Running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool is the most effective way to fix it. Read the complete blog to understand more about QuickBooks company file error 6123. It will also brief you on the causes behind the error and its fixation steps.
Looking for direct assistance on QuickBooks error 6123? Call us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks error message 6123?
There are several factors and technical glitches that lead to the error. Have a look at a few of them mentioned below:
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Damage to your QuickBooks company file.
- Corruption in some QuickBooks program files.
- There is some issue with QuickBooks components.
Read more :- QuickBooks script error
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks company file error 6123
Solution 1. Download a fresh update of QuickBooks Desktop
Updating QuickBooks to its latest version not only resolve issues but also increases software performance. Follow the steps given below to get the new update:
- Close all QuickBooks company files and then the application itself.
- From your Windows Desktop, click the Start menu and search QuickBooks among all programs.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- When led to the No Company Open screen, select the Help menu and then the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Proceed to the Options tab, click Mark All, and then Save.
- Now, tick the Reset Update checkbox from the Update Now tab and then click Get Updates.
- When the update downloads completely, open QuickBooks and click Yes to install the update.
- Once the installation finishes, reboot your device.
Solution 2. From the tool hub, run Quick Fix my Program
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and head to download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The setup file will be saved to the Downloads folder, and you can save to it your Windows desktop for easy access.
- Locate and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to install the tool hub and then mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Go to your Windows desktop, locate and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- When the tool hub opens, choose the Program Problems tab and click Quick Fix my Program.
- The tool will take longer to run if you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on your device; otherwise, it takes about a minute to run.
- When it finishes, restart QuickBooks to check if the issue is fixed.
If the issue persists, follow the next solution.
Read more :- QuickBooks error h505
Solution 3. Put QB File Doctor to us
- From the tool hub homepage, choose the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the tool opens, scroll the drop-down to choose your company file. If your file is not there, click Browse to search it on your computer.
- Once you find your file, click the Check your file option and then Continue.
- Enter the admin login details, and QuickBooks File Doctor will start repairing your company file.
- When the repair finishes, open your company file. If the file opens without any issue, the error is fixed.
Else, try the next solution.
Solution 4. Restore your company data file from the backup file
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the File menu.
- Select the Open or Restore Company option, then the Restore a backup copy option, and click Next.
- After that, select the Local Backup option and then Next.
- Search your backup company file with the .qbb extension and select Next.
- Click Save.
Solution 5. Create a portable copy and then use it to restore the company file
- Open QuickBooks on the workstation where you created the backup file.
- Open your original company file and create a portable copy of it. Here’s how:
- Login to QuickBooks as an admin and select the File menu.
- Choose Create Copy, then select Portable company file and click Next.
- Give a unique name to your company file and choose a location to save it.
- Click Save and then OK
- Open QuickBooks on the workstation where you get the error.
- Now, restore your company file with the help of a portable copy.
If you are still facing any difficulty resolving QuickBooks error 6123, have words with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1 800-579-9430. They will guide you to eliminate the error permanently.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 6143