A quick tip: You can simply fix the Canon MX922 support code 6000 by pulling out any jammed paper or by reseating the ink cartridges to their slot. If it didn’t work out, give a quick read to this article.
Are you not able to take out the prints from your Canon MX922 printer? Or is your printer giving you tough times due to Canon support code 6000? No worries! I have a great fix for you that worked wonders for me. But before getting into troubleshooting, you must know the real reason causing Canon MX922 error code 6000. Here is what I learned from my experience with the Canon MX922.
The Canon printer error 6000 occurs due to scratched or tempered line feed. Sometimes, the dust accumulation in the line feed causes paper jam problems, leading to Canon support code 6000. Moreover, we cannot deny the role of a defective feed sensor, but that’s quite rare. So, if you have been trying hard to overcome the Canon error code 6000 but cannot fix it, we have got you covered through this troubleshooting guide.
Why did the Canon MX922 support code 6000 occur on your device?
- Scratched line feed or paper feed.
- Dust accumulation in the paper feed cabinet.
- Paper pieces, pins, or stickers are stuck in the line feed.
- Multiple print commands.
- Defective line feed sensor.
Highly effective ways to resolve Canon MX922 error code 6000
You can get your Canon back to work in two different ways and get the printouts out of it. You should try the first step and then jump over to the next for sequential elimination of Canon MX922 support code 6000.
Step 1. Clean your Canon MX922 Printer
- Turn off your printer and restart after 10 minutes.
- Make sure the papers are properly stacked in the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove any foreign object.
- Make sure the paper feed line is clear.
- Clean the other components of your printer, such as the encoder strip and printhead.
- Remove the cartridges from your printer and fix them properly in the slots.
- Try to print; if still, you see the Canon printer error 6000, jump over to the next step.
Step 2. Try resetting your Canon Pixma printer
Sometimes, there is no error in Canon MX922 error code 6000; instead, a simple reset can fix the error.
- Unplug your printer when it is running.
- Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back into the power source.
- Turn on your printer and wait till it becomes active.
- Now press and hold the Power button, press the Stop button two times within a few seconds.
- Repeat the process and then release the Power button gently.
- In the end, press the Stop button four times.
I hope these solutions have helped you fix Canon error code 6000. However, if you do not want to mess up with your printer, you may seek assistance from highly qualified printer experts. The Canon support professionals are here to help you 24/7. Give them a call, and they will never disappoint you.