Canon is globally renowned for its range of printing devices. It is well-known for its range of cameras, camcorders, and printers. You can find the printers from this brand in almost every setting. However, despite the robust functionalities of these printers, users also encounter various errors from time to time. Canon printer in error state is one of the most common problems that printer users regularly face. The error can occur anytime, interrupting your printing tasks. But there are ways to get your printer out of the error state. In this article, you’ll find the major causes and resolutions for this printer problem.
What Results in Canon Printer in Error State Issue?
Whenever your printing device goes into an error state, it implies certain issues either with the printer or the software. Some significant causes of the error state problem are as follows.
- Inaccurate installation of the drivers.
- You have not downloaded software that’s compatible with your Canon printer model.
- Connectivity issues can result in this problem.
- The BIOSS problem also leads to this issue.
- USB cables and wires are not connected properly.
Different Resolutions for the Canon Printer in Error State Problem
There are various ways by which you can try to solve the printer in error state problem. Keep reading to know about the various fixes.
Inspect your connection
If you use a wireless printer, you must check the Wi-Fi connection. For Bluetooth printing, the Bluetooth of both your printer and system must be working correctly. To find whether the Bluetooth is working correctly, you can connect another device to it. If you use network printing, place your Canon printer PC and router close to each other. Then, try taking a printout. In case your printer is linked with a USB cable, ensure that you aren’t utilizing a defective USB cable.
Take out the USB cable from your printing device and link it to another device. If you aren’t able to use the other device, it implies that you have a faulty USB cable. To take printouts with your Canon printer, use a high-speed USB.
Inspect the paper jam.
Old models of Canon printers are prone to paper jam problems. When getting the error state in the Canon printer, it’s best to check for paper jam first. For it, open the printer’s backflip and see if there is any paper chunk stuck inside. Remove the ink cartridge from the printer and gently clean the printer. Install the cartridge again and give the command of print. Hopefully, the printer will now print properly.
Update the Window
You can also fix the Canon printer in error state Windows 10 problem by updating your Windows. To update it, follow these points.
- Tap the ‘Start‘ button and open the ‘Settings.’
- After that, hit ‘Security‘ or ‘Update.’
- Select ‘Windows Update.’ Then click on ‘Check for updates.’
- The Windows will search for updates automatically.
- If it finds any updates, it’ll install them.
- After that, restart your PC.
Remove pending jobs from the printer.
Canon printer can also go into an error state when the printer job gets stuck, or you have pending printing jobs. When you get this error while you are giving print commands, you should check for pending print jobs. The error arises when the user gives multiple printing commands. It fills the printer memory. To remove pending print jobs, follow these points.
- Tap the Windows notifications area and right-tap on the icon of your printer.
- Select your Canon printer.
- Select the document and hit the ‘Cancel’ button.
- Tap the ‘Yes‘ button to remove the current print job.
- Hit the ‘Cancel All‘ button if you desire to eliminate all the pending jobs.
- Tap the ‘Confirm’ button in the confirmation window that appears.
Reinstall your Canon printer driver
If your printer driver is corrupt, you can face this problem. It’s best to install a compatible printer driver. If your driver is outdated, you need to update it to the latest version. You can reinstall the printer driver by following these steps.
- Navigate to the Canon printer setup website.
- Find the drivers and software of your printer.
- Tap the ‘Download‘ button.
- Install the driver file. For installing the drivers, open the file you have downloaded and adhere to the instructions on your screen.
- When the drivers are installed, tap ‘Finish.’
- Restart your printing device and computer, and try to print.
Execute the printer troubleshooter
If you cannot find any problem with your printer, you can check for problems with your PC. When the computer isn’t ready for the printer, the device can go into an error state. Those facing Canon printer in error state Windows 10 problem can resolve it by running the printer troubleshooter. Navigate to ‘Update & Security’ and search for the printer troubleshooter. Run this troubleshooter on your system. The tool looks for errors and automatically fixes them. After you run the tool, navigate to the Result page. If the error is resolved, you should check your printer status.
These troubleshooting fixes are effective in resolving the Canon printer in error state problems. Use them one by one and get your issue fixed. But if you still face this problem, contact expert Canon printer customer support services. The experts will resolve all your queries and issues speedily.