How to Go Live Using Facebook Live?
Today’s world is all about technology and social media. It was not a long time ago that we were introduced to staying connected with the world around us from a virtual platform. In no time, social media made its way into our lives and hasn’t left since then. One feature of social media that has been gaining popularity lately is the live tool. All the prominent platforms come with this amazing feature that lets us connect with our audience in real-time. Out of all, one platform that is used by the maximum number of people is Facebook live.
If you are a regular user of social media, especially Facebook, you must be aware of this feature. This platform allows you to stream all your events live, be it your conference, or virtual Holi event. However, if you are one of those who haven’t used it in a long time and wish to try your hands on this platform, don’t worry. Here, we have come up with a guide to help you.
Let us dive straight into steps to go live using Facebook from smartphones as well as laptops.
Steps to Go Live on Facebook From Mobile:
Here’s how you can conduct Facebook live streaming on mobile phones:
1. The first step that you need to follow to go live using Facebook live is to go to your Facebook feed and click on the ‘Go Live’ option. Another way is clicking on the status option which is ‘What’s on your mind?’ and then tapping on the live option.
2. If you are going live for the first time, it will ask you to grant microphone and camera access, for which you have to click on ‘allow’. If denied, you won’t be able to go live on Facebook, simple.
3. If you are going live from your personal account, Facebook live streaming would allow you to restrict your audience. You can select your audience who you want to watch your live video. However, while talking about business accounts, you can control your audience according to their location. But, since the objective of live is to connect to a broader audience, we don’t think you would want to restrict your audience. You can click on the downward arrow to the right click on ‘To’ and select who you want to watch your Facebook live streaming. Once there, you can choose your audience; it can be everyone, your friends, specific people, or any particular group of people. Choose according to your preference.
4. Facebook live streaming is all about delivering your content in real-time. But, everything comes down to the number of people who have attended your live. You would want to make sure the maximum number of people watch your live show, and for that you need to write compelling content for the video description. Write a description that will draw in people and compel them to watch your video. Remember that the video description will appear in people’s timelines, hence, use compelling and attention-grabbing words. Write about how the video will add value to your audience, and how they can benefit from attending it. Also, add all the information necessary from an attendee’s point of view.
5. Once done, click on the ‘Start Live Video’, you will see a red indicator ‘Live’, indicating that you are live. It will also show you who all are watching your live session.
6. You will see several tools and features that you can use during your live video. You can make use of different filters and other tools to add liveliness to your live session. Also, you will see a comment box where your attendees can drop in their reviews and comments. Once done with the video, you can tap on the Finish button to end your stream. It will ask you if you want to save and share your live stream on your feed or delete it; you can choose any of them, depending on your preference.
Steps to Go Live from Laptops and PCs:
Here are the steps you need to follow to conduct facebook live streaming on laptops or PCs:
1. To go live from your PC, or laptop, the first requirement you need to fulfill is the webcam. Make sure your system has a webcam. However, all the new systems have in-built webcams, so you don’t need to look for an additional webcam. However, if you want to stream your live in high quality, you can use a standalone webcam. Visit Facebook from your web browser.
2. You will find a ‘create a post’ option, click on it. There, click on the ‘live video’ option.
3. Going live through your computer will require you to grant microphone and webcam access.
4. On granting permission, you will see a video window. A description box will appear on the top right. Write a compelling video description, and choose your audience.
5. Click on the ‘Go Live’ option, and you’re all set to go live.
6. Once done, click on ‘End Live Video’. The stream will appear on your timeline. If you don’t want to save it, click on ‘Delete Video’.
Tips to Go Live Using Facebook Live:
1. While planning your event live streaming, make sure you have a well-defined objective. Conduct some research, study what people like to watch these days, and then come up with a topic for your live session.
2. To deliver a top-notch live experience, make sure your equipment is working properly. Double-check your laptop or mobile device, internet connection, microphone, and webcam before you go live. Even the slightest of the disturbances can distract your audience and affect your entire live stream.
3. Select well-lit, clean and peaceful surroundings for your event live streaming. If you are streaming from your home, make sure there isn’t much disturbance in the background.
4. No matter how often you have used Facebook live, make sure you conduct a practice session. It becomes more crucial if you have a prominent chief guest on your live video; you would never want things to go wrong at that time. Thus, practice.
hope you have found your answer on how to go live on Facebook here. Go live on Facebook today and make the most of it. Good luck with your first Facebook live.