Every application requires a user name and password to log in, so is QuickBooks. But, there are instances when a user forgot QuickBooks password and needs to reset it. We all know how important it is to secure data with passwords in times when cyber crimes are increasing. It is also necessary to change the password from time to time and set strong passwords to safeguard our data from cyber attacks. If you are also the one who forgot the password to log in to QuickBooks, follow the complete blog carefully.
Forgot QuickBooks password and are unable to retrieve it? Try getting in touch with our QuickBooks tech support team to fix the problem right away. Dial +1 800-579-9430.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below to reset the password of QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1. Identify the type of password you want to reset
If you are an admin, you don’t have to enter a user name. You only enter a password when you sign in.
If you are a user, your QuickBooks admin can only reset the password for you. The admin has to follow the steps in the “Reset a user password” section.
Step 2. Go through the steps for password type
For QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- Go to the Company Login window and click the blue I forgot my password link.
- Scroll the dropdown list and choose your email address.
- When you click the Next button, you will receive an email with a token to reset your password.
- If you don’t find your email address, click the Don’t see your email in the list above? option.
- Follow the steps mentioned on the screen and enter the token from your mail.
For QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- Open QuickBooks and click I forgot my password link from the login window.
- Enter QuickBooks Desktop license number, name, email address, phone number and ZIP code.
- Click OK, and you will get a code in an email if entered information is correct.
- Open the mail, and QuickBooks will guide you through the process of creating a new admin password.
Guide to Reset a user password
- Sign to QuickBooks with admin credentials and go to the Company menu.
- Choose Set Up Users and Passwords, then Set Up Users.
- Enter the QuickBooks admin password again when prompted.
- Go to the User List, choose the user that needs to change their password, and click Edit User.
- Enter a new password for QuickBooks, click Next, and then Finish.
If you are unable to reset the password:
- Check the information you entered with that in CAMPS and also make sure there are no typos.
- If password reset doesn’t work, make use of the Automated Password Reset Tool.
- For more help, click the Search for something else, then type the password or contact QuickBooks experts.
We hope this blog help user who forgot QuickBooks password. Although, resetting the password is a challenging task and needs to be performed very carefully. If you need more assistance on the same, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks restore failed