The web-based settings management wizard is an important aspect of a networking device. It lets you access the device settings and enable/disable several other features simultaneously at will. If you own a D-Link router, knowing how to access the D-Link router settings page so you can manage the device is important. When you log into dlink router settings page, you can enable/ disable parental controls, change the network password, and do more than just accessing the settings wizard.
This blog will walk you through the steps you can follow to access the dlink router settings page online.
It is important to note that the dlinkrouter.local web page is based on a local device server. Therefore, if you are looking to gain access to it, you’ll need to connect your computer/smartphone to the device network. Now, there are two ways you can do that- the wired connection method and the wireless connection method. When you use the wired connection method, you will only need to connect your laptop or desktop to the D-link router using an ethernet cable. This way the computer will detect the router network automatically. However, when you use the wireless connection method, you’ll need to follow some more steps. You can go to the WiFi settings on your device and then enable the wireless option. When you see the name of your D-Link router network, click on it to join the same. Remember that you do not need a password when you are connecting for the first time.
Additionally, you’ll need details like the default web address/ IP address to access the router login page. You can use the web address dlinkrouter.local or the IP address 192.168.0.1 as well.
- Connect your D-Link router to a power outlet and wait for the power LED to light up and turn solid. You’ll also see the other status LEDs light up.
- Once they do, connect your Computer or smartphone to the D-Link router network.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and in the address bar, type the default web address https://www.dlinkrouter.local and press Enter. If the web address fails to load the login page, you can use the default IP address as well. Use 192.168.0.1 instead.
- Once you are on the login page, you’ll see fields to type in the default admin username and password details. In the username file, type admin and in the password field again type admin. Now, click on the Login button.
- The login wizard will verify the details and if found correct, will redirect you to the D-Link router setup wizard.
You’re now on the D-Link router settings management wizard.
If you are unable to log into dlink router, it is possible that you are using an incorrect web address. Also, there’s a chance that the router is unable to fetch the computer’s IP address. In the case of the former, it is important that you use the correct spelling of the web address. When it comes to the latter, make sure your computer is set to obtain the IP address automatically rather than manually. This will negate the need for setting up the d-link router IP settings again and again.
Secondly, check if you are using the web address in the address bar and not in the search tab. Check for signs of damage on the ethernet cables that you are using to connect the router to the computer. If your computer is not connected to the router network, you won’t be able to access the login page.
Once you have followed these troubleshooting steps, you will be able to access the D-Link router settings page online easily.