How To Apply For A Passport Online?
How to apply for a Passport online? A passport is a document issued by a national government that certifies the identity and nationality of a person for international travel.
Whenever we think of going to another country, working, or going for any other work, then we not only have to get a visa but also need to make a passport.
Actually, having a passport is very important. For example, just as in our own country, we need an Aadhar card to prove our identity. In the same way, a passport is required to show our identity in other country.
In this article, we are going to tell you about what is passport, how to apply for a passport online, how much money it takes to get a passport, and a non-ECR category passport.
Also Read: Post Office Fixed Deposit
What is a Passport?
A passport is a document that is issued to travel from one country to another. It is a 36 or 60-page booklet form which the Ministry of External Affairs issues.
In fact, the passport conveys the identity and nationality of a person. A passport holder’s passport also contains details of his photograph, date of birth, address, and signature.
Although a passport is used for traveling abroad, it can also be used as a document for identity proof, address proof, and age proof.
The Ministry of External Affairs thoroughly verifies all the details submitted by you at the time of application then you are provided with the passport. To go out of your country, you also need to have a passport along with a visa.
Also Read: What is RBI Retail Direct Scheme
What to do to get a Passport?
Generally, getting a passport was not an easy task a few years back. For this, first, the application form had to be taken, and after filling it, one had to stand in line to submit it at the counter. But now passport can also be applied for online.
However, for this, you should know about the documents required. Since now the process of making a passport is online, so we will tell you how to apply for a passport online.
Also Read: Photo Studio Business Plan
How to Apply for a Passport online?
If you have computer knowledge, then you can apply for your passport online on your own. Getting a passport and the application process is very simple. However, a little knowledge should be taken about the essential questions asked in it. Let us know how to apply online.
Also Read: Best Places For Honeymoon In Himachal Pradesh
Create Account to Apply for Passport
- To apply for a passport, first, go to the passport website www.passportindia.gov.in and register there and create your account.
- After opening the account, verify your email id and proceed to fill the application form. Must Read: Best Places in India For Honeymoon
Also Read: How To Start A Photo Studio Business
Fill the required details in the application form for getting Passport
- Before filling the application form, make sure that all your details are correct. All your details should match your documents.
- After that, fill in all the details asked in the application form. The application form for a passport also has the option of other names of the applicant. It is better that you enter only your original name.
- After this, fill Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN ID, and other details so that your application form can be authenticated.
- While filling the application form, you will see an option of the Non-ECR category.
- To be eligible for the non-ECR category, the applicant must have obtained an SSC (Class X) or higher education certificate from a recognized university.
- For people above 50 years of age, their birth certificate can work for ECR.
- You see which category you fall in and then tick accordingly.
- After this, the details of the family have to be given in which the name of the parent or guardian has to be filled in.
- Fill Present and Permanent Residential Address.
If you are a student and live in a hostel, you must produce a bonafide certificate for proof of address while applying for a passport. Apart from this, the house’s address can also be filled, but after verification of the form, proof of address of the bonafide and guardian is required.
- You also have to provide the phone numbers of your parents and relatives as an emergency contact.
- Fill in identity Card or Passport Details.
- Identity certificate (issued to refugees or people who do not have a permanent state but reside in India).
- Diplomatic Passport or Previous/Present Passport.
- Previously applied for a passport but not issued.
Also Read: Famous Temples Of North India
Other Details to Apply for Passport
- Criminal records and other such issues are asked.
- Those who do not have any criminal record can select the No option.
- After that, go to online payment and deposit the prescribed fee.
Passport Seva Kendra or Passport Karyalay – Submission At PSK Or PO
After filling the form, select your nearest PSC (Passport Seva Kendra) or PO (Passport Office) and select any of the pre-given appointment dates for the meeting.
Police Verification in the process of making Passport
After filling the form, wait for police verification of your present address of police verification.
For verification, a police officer or a police constable can contact the present address given by the applicant. Police may interrogate your neighbor or two people who know about you.
Also Read: Best Places To Visit In Italy
Passport Details Verification
After filling the form, finally, there is an option to see the preview of the application which confirms that all the required columns have been filled. After that, you can submit the form. Must Read: Famous Hill Station Of Madhya Pradesh: 6 Hill Stations in MP
Documents required for Passport Application
Generally, before getting a passport, every person should collect the necessary documents in advance. Let us know what documents are required to make a passport.
- Proof of current address
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar card
- Latest passport size photo
- Water bill or electricity bill
- Copy of parent’s passport (if any)
- Date of birth certificate
- Marksheet of class 10th and 12th
What is ECNR or Non-ECR Passport?
And ECNR is already affixed on the passport. ECNR acts as a clearance to leave the country, and there is no need to go to the emigration office to check.
Who are the people in the Non-ECR Category?
- Diplomatic and official passport holders
- Gazetted government employees, their spouses, and dependent children.
- Persons with educational qualification of matriculation and above
- All persons over the age of 50
- All children up to the age of 18
- Income taxpayers (including agricultural income tax payers) spouse and their dependent children below the age of 18 years.
- Possessing two years Diploma from any Institute recognized by the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT) OR Three years Diploma / Equivalent degree from Polytechnic Institutions recognized by Central / State or Government of India person.
- All persons who have been residing abroad for more than three years, with their spouse. Must Read: Also Read: Best Penny Stocks to Buy in India 2022
How much does Passport cost?
In fact, sitting at home, we cannot imagine how much money it takes to get a passport. This is because it depends on the type of passport, how much you will have to pay.
If you apply for a new or re-issued passport of 36 pages, you will have to pay an application fee of Rs 1500 and an additional instantaneous fee of Rs 2000. This passport is valid for 10 years.
If you apply for 60 pages or a re-issued passport then you will have to pay an application fee of Rs 2000 and additional instant Rs 2000. The validity of this passport is for 10 years.
If you are less than 18 years of age and you apply for a new or re-issued passport of 36 pages, then the application fee will be one thousand and an additional instantaneous fee of 2000 rupees.
Also Read: Organic Food Store Business Plan
What is Passport Seva or Passport India?
In recent years, the Indian government has taken several steps to improve the delivery of public services. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) issues passports to Indian citizens through a network of 37 passport offices across the country and 180 Indian Embassies and Consulates abroad.
Passport Seva follows a simple, efficient, and transparent process for the delivery of passport-related services. Apart from creating a nationwide network for government officials, it also aims to work closely with the state police to verify the genuineness of applicant’s details and with India Post for delivery of passports.
Stay updated on think-how.com.