How to Easily Fix QuickBooks error H505?
QuickBooks is known for its advanced feature, which makes accounting easy. One significant feature of it is the multi-user mode that lets multiple users access the same QuickBooks company file simultaneously from a distant location. While switching to multi-user mode, users sometimes get QuickBooks error H505. The error pops up on the screen with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” There are numerous reasons behind this company file error, such as improper hosting settings, damage in company files, and many others.
If you run into QuickBooks error H505 while switching to multi-user mode, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team via +1 800-579-9430 for immediate assistance
Reasons why you are getting QuickBooks Desktop error H505?
Given below is the list of causes that trigger the error:
- Windows firewall and security applications installed on the system are obstructing QuickBooks from connecting to the server.
- Incorrect hosting settings on server computer and workstation.
- Some damage to QuickBooks network data and transaction log files.
- Not having the latest QuickBooks Desktop update.
Follow the next section of the blog for troubleshooting solutions.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6073
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Multi-user error H505
Follow the given solutions one by one to get rid of the error permanently:
Solution 1. Modify hosting settings on server and workstation
- Start QuickBooks on the workstation where you get error H505.
- Go to the File menu, and select Utilities.
- If the Host Multi-User Access option is visible, don’t click it.
- Move to another workstation and look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Select the option and repeat the same steps on all client workstations.
- After checking all the workstations, move to your server computer.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities and select the Host Multi-User Access option.
Solution 2. Download and install the latest QuickBooks update released by Intuit
- Close company files, then QuickBooks, and move to your desktop.
- Click the Windows Start icon, locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and select the Help menu from the No Company Open screen.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then the Save button.
- Select the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- After downloading the update, start QuickBooks and click Yes to install the update.
- Once you are done, reboot your computer.
If none of the above fixes work, download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your server computer and run QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
In this blog, we have provided tried and proven troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks error H505. We are full of hope that they will help you rectify the issue. If you still have any doubts or need help regarding the same, dial our toll-free number+1 800-579-9430 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article : – QuickBooks outlook is not responding