How To Fix Quickbooks License Error After Clone?
License error is another crucial error that you can encounter while installing the Quickbooks application. One needs to enter the product code and license number to activate the application. The file in which the license number and the product number is stored is encrypted. If this file goes missing from the system, you can encounter a license error. The error is very error but can hamper your workflow. We have come up with the article to help you easily resolve the license error in Quickbooks. Check out all proven methods to resolve the issue easily.
Some Tricks to Resolve Quickbooks License Error
One of the straightforward ways to resolve Quickbooks license error is to get rid of the corrupted EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Deleting the file can also help you fix the following errors:
- Edit list is not appearing in the company window.
- In case the Quickbooks application configured the errors again.
- The message stating: “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears on the screen.
- In case you do not have registered on the Quickbooks application, you will not be able to use online banking.
Causes of License Error After Clone
Here are all the reasons which lead to the occurrence of Quickbooks license issue after clone.
- Important files including the MSXML file is damaged on the system. The Quickbooks data file contains all the information related to the license. When it comes to the MSXML file, it is a crucial file to run Quickbooks on the system.
- Next, you may have not updated the operating system.
- In case the firewall installed on the system is blocking Quickbooks from working properly on the system.
- Lastly, if you are trying to import the QBO file without saving it, you can face the issue.
How to Fix Quickbooks License Error After Clone
So, you are aware of all the reasons for which you encounter Quickbooks license error. Here are all the fixes for the issue. Ensure to follow all the steps associated with each method properly to avoid any issues.
Solution 1: Use Task Manager
- First, ensure that Quickbooks is not running on your system.
- Next, press the Shift, CTRL, and ESC keys together. The task manager will open on your system.
- Next, hit on the processes tab. Under this tab, you will have to look for the processes having exe extension.
- From the list of all the processes, tap on the Quickbooks processes and then right-click on it. Choose to end task.
- When done, you will have to open the entitlement data folder on the system.
- For this, simply start the Run window on the system.
- In the run window, you will have to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8. You will then have to tap on the enter key.
- Now, when the ECML file will open up, you need to delete it from the system.
- When done, you will have to start the Quickbooks application and then register on the application.
Solution 2: Run File Doctor Tool
- In case you have not downloaded the Quickbooks tool hub on the system, download it from the official website. You will then have to install the application on the system.
- Next, you will have to tap on the Quickbooks tool hub icon. The tool will start on the system.
- Now, you will have to go to the company file issues tab. It will be available on the left side of the tool.
- When done, you will have to tap on the option to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Moreover, you can also run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool to fix the issue.
Solution 3: Employ Clean Install Tool
- First, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- When done, you will have to click on the installation issues tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to click on the option to run a clean install tool.
- Wait for the tool to run on the system.
- It will uninstall and install the application on the system.
Solution 4: Updating Quickbooks
- For this, you will have to start the Quickbooks application on the system.
- In the Quickbooks window, tap on the help menu.
- Under this, click on the updated Quickbooks application.
- When done, a new prompt will open up on the screen.
- You will have to click on the resent updates option to undo all the recent updates made.
- Now, click on the update now option to start the update process.
- Wait till the update process will complete.
- On completion, you will have to reboot Quickbooks and check if the issue persists.
Solution 5: Disable the Third-Party Antivirus
- Every antivirus has a different UI to offer to the user. Therefore, it will not be that easy to list all the steps to disable antivirus on your system.
- Hover to the bottom right of your PC screen. Here, you will see an arrow icon. Click on the same and then choose to run Task Manager.
- When done, go to the antivirus application and then right-click on it. Choose to disable protection.
- You need to select the time according to your requirement.
- When done, you will have to register the application and then enable the antivirus again. Check if you are facing the same issue.
These were all the steps that you have to follow to Quickbooks license error. In case you face the same issue after following all the methods mentioned, you will have to take guidance from the support team.