Linksys range extenders are probably the most reliable networking devices in the market. Delivering utmost performance at undeterred data speeds, these devices can be your perfect companion for just about any given task. However, issues from the server end and more, can sometimes cause discrepancies in the performance. You can indeed follow the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve related issues, however if that doesn’t help, you’ve got to resort to a sure-shot troubleshooting method. This blog will discuss how to reset linksys wifi extender in easy steps and resolve a series of issues in no time.
How can Linksys extender reset help you?
Extender RESET means you restore the default device settings. This also means that any saved user preferences and settings customizations will get erased as soon the extender is reset. You’ll need to reconfigure the settings if you wish to use the internet again.
As useful as this method may sound, resetting the device settings is usually not recommended as the first step in troubleshooting. Only once you have tried every possible way to resolve the issues and they don’t help, can you restore the settings to factory default.
Ways you can reset your extender
There are usually two ways you can reset your Linksys wifi extender. Each of these are different in the nature and number of steps you can follow.
- Hard RESET or Push Button method
- Soft RESET or web-based RESET method
The end result for both these methods will be the same- a device as good as new. You’ll be required to reconfigure the settings in both the cases.
Hard RESET/Push Button
This method employs the physical reset button located on the rear panel of the extender. Old models of your extender may have the button concealed inside a small hole. Whereas, the latest models have it protruded outside and visible enough to be located easily. You will also find a marking near the hole so you can identify the button easily. Once you have located the button, here are the steps you can follow:
- Press and hold the RESET button for about 10 seconds.
- You’ll notice the LEDs on the front panel flash altogether. When that happens, release the RESET button.
- Allow the extender to reboot itself. When it is back up and running, you can follow the extender setup process to reconfigure the network settings.
Note: If holding the reset button doesn’t reboot the device, keep holding the same for longer. Some router and extender models require the reset button to be pressed and held for 15-20 seconds. If you are still having issues with how to reset Linksys extender, you can use the chat box on our website to reach out to our team.
As the name suggests, resetting your extender will require you to use the software interface. You can login to your linksys extender setup wizard and navigate through the device settings to locate the extender reset option. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Connect your computer/smartphone to the extender’s local network.
- Launch a web browser on the device/computer and type the default web address https://extender.linksys.com in the address bar. Press Enter.
- When the login page appears, type in the username and password in the respective fields and click/tap on the Login
- Once you are on the Linksys extender setup wizard, head to the device administration menu.
- Under the Factory RESET section, click on the Reset Extender The web interface will ask for your confirmation if you really want to reset the extender.
- Click on the Yes button and the reset process will be initiated.
The extender might reboot several times during the process. It is advised not to turn off or unplug the same while the system reset is taking place. Once the extender reboots, you can follow the network configuration steps to resume back to seamless internet access Read More