If you are looking for a home network expansion solution that works with just about any router and delivers impressive speeds seamlessly, the Linksys RE6300 is the device for you. With upto 6500 sq.ft. of wireless range combined with all-around coverage capability, this device can help you accomplish online tasks easily. Easy to install, reliable and fast, the Linksys RE6300 can get you started in no time. However, to ensure that, you’ll need to configure the network settings. This blog will discuss the steps to Linksys RE6300 setup process, so you can get started with seamless internet access easily.
Things to Consider Before you Start
- Make sure you have an active internet connection before you start with the setup process.
- Check if the range extender is within range of the main router. You can use the Spot Finder application to determine the appropriate location as well.
- Keep the WiFi name and password of your router’s wireless network handy. These can be obtained by logging in to the router’s setup wizard.
- Note the admin credentials to access the extender’s login wizard and get to the setup wizard. You can obtain these details from the product label on the range extender.
Beginning with the Linksys RE6300 Setup
To begin with the setup process, here are some steps you can proceed with:
- Connect Linksys RE6300 range extender to a power outlet near the main router. Prefer using an outlet from the same room where your main router is installed.
- Power on the device and allow the extender to boot up. Notice the power LED till it turns solid.
- Connect your computer or wireless device to the Linksys extender’s local network. You can identify the network with the SSID Linksys Extender Setup_XXX. The suffix XXX here denotes the last three characters of the extender’s MAC address.
- You can also connect your computer to the extender network using a wired connection. Simply, connect an ethernet cable from the ethernet port of your extender to the LAN port on your computer and the latter will detect the internet connection automatically.
Accessing the Extedner.linksys.com RE6300 Login Page
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type http://extender.linksys.com or the IP address 192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
- The web browser will now redirect you to the Linksys extender login page.
Linksys Extender Setup Process
- From the login page, click on the Start Setup button you see on the screen.
- On the next screen, the setup wizard will ask you to select the mode you wish to configure your extender in. Select As a wireless range extender and click on the Next button.
- The range extender setup wizard will display a list of the available wifi networks in the area. Select the WiFi network from the next screen. If you are using a dual-band network, you’ll see both bands listed.
Note: If you are unable to find the router’s SSID in the list, make sure the SSID Broadcasting is enabled on the router. You can also manually enter the network name and password to connect to the router network. To do that, select the Manually Enter Network Name and Password link from the screen.
- Select the WiFi network and type in the password to connect to the same. Select the second network band as well and then provide its password to connect to it. Once done, click on the Next button.
Editing the Network Settings
- On the next screen, configure the network SSID and password details and select the appropriate security mode.
- Once entered, click on the Next button and the Spot Finder application will indicate the location of the device. Adjust the location of your extender such that the app indicates the Just right status.
- From the next screen, create an admin password to secure the Linksys RE6300 settings wizard. You may also keep a password hint if you want. Finally, click on the Save button and the settings will be saved.
- You can now register your product with the official Linksys website. Simply type in your email address and then click on the Next button.
You have successfully configured your Linksys RE6300 extender settings. You can connect your wireless devices to the network now.