Changing Linksys router settings using linksyssmartwifi.com
Generally, once you have configured the settings online, you can be sure that you are using a secure network connection. However, at some point of time, you’ll feel the need to change them. Whether you are looking to change the router admin password or the network settings, you will need to access the web setup wizard.
This can be accessed using the linksyssmartwifi.com web address easily. If you are looking for steps to change the basic WiFi settings on your Linksys smart wifi router, this blog is all you need to read.
Important points to consider
From the network settings to the device credentials, there are a host of setting options you can change to your preference. Here are some of the changes you can make:
- Assign a WiFi name and password to the Linksys router network;
- Change the router admin password details;
- Define parental controls and restrict access to websites;
- Change the IP address settings, and more.
When you change the WiFi settings of your router, it will disconnect your devices from the router. You will need to reconnect them using the new settings. Furthermore, if you choose to edit the IP settings from dynamic to static, make sure you have the ISP(Internet Service Provider) provided connection details. These will include the PPPoE username, password, subnet mask, MAC, and IP address details.
Editing the wifi settings using linksyssmartwifi.com
Below are some steps to change the network settings:
- Connect your Linksys smart wifi router to the computer or wireless device at home.
- Open a web browser and then login to the Linksys smart wifi account using the default web address http://linksyssmartwifi.com.
- If you do not have a Linksys Smart WiFi Cloud account, you can create one using the web setup wizard or the official Linksys website.
- Once logged in, click on the WiFi Settings option on the left navigation pane under the Router Settings
- Select the Basic tab, click on the Edit button beside the WiFi Settings.
- Now, in the respective network band section, replace the old settings with the new ones that you wish to keep.
- If you wish to edit the Network mode, security mode, channel width, and channel-like settings, you can change them as well.
- Changing the wireless channel lessens the interference to the router’s wifi connection. Just make sure you select the wireless channel depending on the region you are in.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then OK to save the changes you have made to the settings.
The Linksys router settings are now changed and you may restart your device. Once the router is back up and running, you can reconnect your devices using the new credentials and proceed with accessing the internet with ease.
If you ever wish to change the Linksys smart wifi router settings in the future, you can follow the same steps as discussed. If you need help with issues that might arise during the setup process, you can get in touch with the team at our end now.