There might come a scenario when you’re repetitively failing to access the web-based setup page of the router or you don’t remember the router’s password. Well, in that case, you can reset it to the default factory settings. Press the reset button. Try to hold it for ten seconds. But, you ought to remember that the reset method will erase each of the saved settings of the router and you’ll have to begin from scratch even resetting the router’s password. The router’s default password is ‘admin’. Leave the username field blank for now. Let us learn more about how to Reset Linksys Router WRT54G password in this blog.
Requirements Before Reset Linksys Router WRT54G
- The power LED of the router ought to be in blinking mode once you press the reset button.
Note- The button is found at totally different places based on the model. For the older Linksys devices, you may need to press and hold the button for thirty seconds to complete the reset method.
- Disconnect and re-plug the router’s power adapter after pressing the button
Note- the power light-emitting diode of the router will blink for several seconds when you reset the router which means that It’s still creating a shot to stabilize. Just power cycle the router if the power light fails to be in solid mode after a minute.
Reset Linksys Router WRT54G Via Web-Based Setup Page
- Start with accessing the web-based setup page of the router.
- After selecting the Administration tab, click on the Factory Defaults sub-tab.
- Click on the Restore Factory Defaults button under the Factory Defaults section.
Note– After the router has been reset to factory default, reconfigure it in line together with your internet service. the power light-emitting diode of the router keeps on blinking for several seconds after resetting as a result it continues to stabilize. If the power light fails to blink solid again after a minute, just power cycle the router.
How Do I Change the Router’s Password?
The default password of the router is usually ‘admin’. For the username leave the field blank. To secure your access, it’s prompt to change the default password. Also, If you want to change the router’s password through the web-based setup page, it would possibly prevent you from using the Linksys Connect software system.
- Firstly, access the router’s web-based setup page.
- Choose the Administration The photographs might be different counting on the model variety of the Linksys router.
- Under the management section currently, input the new password and within the router password section, re-enter to verify the password. Make certain that you simply entered a powerful password. Also, note the password so you’ve got a backup just in case you forget.
- Click on Save
Always bear in mind that the user name and also password for the router’s administrator vary from the wireless network name(SSID) and passphrase of your wireless network. You must keep the router’s software updated to avoid any problems with the working of the router.
The Linksys Router WRT54G secret reset can be performed employing a bunch of steps. If you’ve got any problems relating to the Linksys Smart Wifi Login or alternative topics, get in-tuned with our tech-support guys.