In the old days, offices were designed for efficiency — spaces that were partitioned off and designed to be as uninteresting and uniform as possible. Today, it’s understood that people work better in pleasant environments.
How can you design your office to make you enjoy being there more? Here are some simple ways you can decorate your workspace.
Before you start
Decorating your office is a personal choice. When it comes to office design, there are a few things to consider:
– The image you want to portray – If you are an independent contractor, the design of your office should reflect the type of work that you do. For example, if you are an interior designer, your office should be aesthetically pleasing. If you run an accounting firm, it’s likely that your clients will want to know about your qualifications and certifications.
– Budget – Do you have a small budget? If so, consider decorating with items from around the house or spend some time at flea markets and garage sales for great deals on the artwork, frames, vases, and other accessories.
– Storage needs – Before you begin decorating your office, take inventory of how much storage space you need for books, supplies, and other items in your office. The more organized you are in advance the better off you will be at the end of the process.
Bring in some color
Color affects mood a lot, so if you’re feeling down, a splash of color may help you feel happier and more creative. Don’t go too crazy, though — a shade or two brighter than what’s already on the wall is enough to have an impact. Look for inspiration around the internet or try to match colors to your logo or branding.
Bright colors, like red and orange, make people feel more energetic and upbeat. These colors are known as “warm” tones. Cooler tones like green, blue and purple tend to relax people and make them want to stay longer in the room.
Use natural light
Natural light is good for our mental health! It has been proven to reduce stress and relieve anxiety. When you let natural light into your office, it will encourage you to be more productive. If possible, try to sit by a window at the office or take a lunch break outside.
Indoor plants are good for both the soul and the environment — they clean the air and add a nice touch of green to an otherwise drab space. If you don’t have a green thumb, consider getting plastic plants (which may do just as well) or focus on species that thrive in low-light areas like snake plants or aloe vera.
Tips worth applying
– Keep papers organized – It is very important that you maintain your office well and that all things are stored properly. Keep them all organized on shelves.
– Use the space wisely. If you have a closet in your office, use it as a storage space. You can even add shelves inside and get some storage boxes.
– When you want to place a new cupboard or something that will be fixed on the, or you move something after a long time, then you should hire Mold Inspection in North York. If you place anything for a long time on the wall or anywhere there are very strong chances of mold. Save your place before giving it a new touch.
– Make it cozy. The whole point of decorating is to make your office more inviting and comfortable for you so that you actually enjoy working there, so don’t forget about making it cozy and feel at home. Add an armchair or a chaise longue, throw blankets on the chairs, get a nice personalised door mats, paint the walls in warm colors, etc.
– Add some white noise to the background to help you focus. A white noise machine is great, but apps work well too.
– Hang up your best decorations near your desk so they’re the first thing you see when you sit down to work.
Personalizing your office space
Personalizing your office space is a great way to make it feel more like home. It’s important to find those small ways to add your personal touch so that you can love the place where you spend most of your day.
If your office doesn’t have light fabric walls to easily hang stuff on, an easy way to add pictures and decorations is to install a wall grid panel. Just use matching paper clips to hang your photos or notes. You can also attach a hanging grid panel tray if you’re looking to add some decor pieces and then you’re good to go!
You don’t have to be creative enough to draw and paint your own works of art. Just print out some of your favorite pieces from artists online, put them in frames and hang them up! There are so many great options out there that will fit any style.
Another great option for adding pictures or artwork is to use a painter’s easel! You can find these at most big box stores, plus they come in all different styles and colors so no matter what your cubicle looks like, you’ll be able to find one that fits perfectly with it!
When it comes to working in an office, there are a few ways that you can decorate your working space. The first and easiest way is to decorate your desk. You can do this with pictures of your family, work, pets, or anything that makes you happy.
Here are some inspiring quotes for work that you can add picture frames to and either lay against the wall on your desk or hang on the wall.
– “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” (Jim Rohn)
– “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” (Thomas Edison)
– “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” (George Lorimer)
– “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” (Dalai Lama)
– “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” (Henry Ford)
– “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” (Dale Carnegie)
– “The future depends on what you do today.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
– “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” (Confucius)
When you read these quotes a few times, it will help you get through a bad day and not give up!
If you have a lot of books, don’t hide them away on shelves. Display them on desks or tables so they can also serve as decorative items. You can choose professional books in your field or some others that you think will be interesting to people who visit you. Books can be used as decoration, but we definitely advise you to read them, just when you need a break from hard work.
We believe that these tips will help you decorate your office in a beautiful and simple way!