When it comes to renovating a certain space or re-building a room, cutting a brick wall is one of the most common methods to go around the project. Brick Wall Cutting looks like a huge task, but with skilled professionals and the latest equipment, it can be made easier. A team of well-skilled technicians can carry on the process of brick wall removal efficiently. There are many aspects to consider before cutting or removing a brick wall, the professionals use technology to do the work easily.
Often, a single brick is excised while leaving the surrounding brick intact and also in good shape is required when a single brick is stained or damaged. Like a fireplace needs refurbishing, or the brick or a brick wall needs to be removed so that mechanicals can be installed. This mechanicals can be a plumbing pipe, a vent, or an electrical outlet. Methods of cutting brick walls or bricks:
There are various methods of cutting brick or brick walls such as:
- A circular saw that is fitted with a masonry blade can be used to cut both mortar and brick. This will produce a clean line but will be obtained.
- An angle grinder that is attached to a masonry wheel can also cut through both mortar and brick and this also allows for tighter angles.
- A high-quality multi-tool that is equipped with masonry can also allow plunge cuts and prove to be an effective way of cutting.
- Also, a masonry cutting blade reciprocated with a saw can be used to cut straight lines, given the saw is held firmly.
- A masonry chisel can be used to cut out the bricks.
How to manually cut Bricks?
To remove a brick from the brick fireplace or brick wall, you must cut the surrounding mortar. Set and dried mortar is softer than the bricks and makes the cutting easy. Once the mortar is removed, whole bricks can be extracted easily. But if you need to remove just a given portion of the brick, you need to sever the brick in a clean line, and this must be done after removing the mortar. You must carry on the whole process by not letting the brick crumble into small pieces. Brick Wall Removal is an easy process if handled well.
Make sure to get a genuine masonry chisel, cold chisel, and wood chisel are not appropriate for cutting bricks. If you prefer to use these chisels, you may shatter the tool, and the metal fragments will be potentially flying around the project. A masonry chisel contains a heavier chisel and with a blunt cutting edge. This is designed for breaking brick, mortar, and stone.
Safety Precautions: If you are manually cutting a brick, you must consider some safety precautions such as thick gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. Also make sure to wear a dust protective mask, since drilling into the bricks contains a lot of dust particles. This is the reason why you must hire a well-skilled professional to do the job. You can be at ease and all your work will be done as you expected.
The tools and equipment needed in Brick wall cutting:
- Wire brush
- Safety glasses
- Thick work gloves
- Masonry drill bit
- Narrow masonry chisel
- Shop vacuum
- Carpenter’s pencil
- Hearing protection
- Dust mask
Steps involved in a brick removal project:
- Drill holes in the brick: A line is drawn across the surface of the brick where the cut is needed. Followed by this another line is drawn about ¼ inch from the initial line and it will be in the portion of the brick that needs to be removed. The first line will be kept as a reference while the drill will be started on the second line. Then a series of holes are drilled along the second line. The space should not be more than ¼ inch apart. The drill must be pushed hard and needs to wiggle around if one is not using a hammer drill. This must be done carefully, the drill must not break. The brick dust must be frequently removed from the drilled holes.
- Cutting the brick with the help of a chisel: By now the drilled holes will be penetrated
through the thickness of the wall. The brick removal can be carried out if some of the holes are not fully penetrated.
- Chipping out the mortar to remove the brick. Once the surrounding is loose, the mortar will crumble, giving you a way to free the brick.
- The brick must be removed by hand; it will be loose and easy to remove.
These are the steps that are carried in a brick wall cutting project. It allows re-built or installed various important features. If you want to get the best brick wall removal service, you must do the research and find an agency with good reviews and experience.
Read More: – Benefits of being an HGV driver