If you are here because of QuickBooks error OL-222, you have landed on the right page. This blog will provide all the necessary information on resolving this issue. Before moving to the next section, let us discuss some important facts about error OL-222. It usually appears while importing a .qbb file from an approved financial institution into QuickBooks. It comes up on the screen along with a message, “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222).” Go through the complete blog to understand what triggers the error ol-222 in QuickBooks, along with troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
Tired of dealing with QuickBooks error code OL-222? Call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get immediate assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team
What are the causes behind QuickBooks online banking error ol-222?
Following are two major reasons that trigger the error:
- The format of the .qbo file is not compliant with the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) guidelines.
- There is some issue in the coding of the .qbo file.
Read more :- error initializing qbpos application log
Top 3 Solutions to Fix Chase Bank Feed error OL-222 in QuickBooks
Solution 1. Try updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- Close all company files and then shut down QuickBooks Desktop.
- From your Windows desktop, locate QuickBooks and right-click it.
- Select Run as administrator and move to the No Company Open screen.
- Go to the Help menu and then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Head to the Options tab, select Mark All and then click Save.
- Click the Update Now button and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Select the Get Updates button to download the update file.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop, install the update, and restart your computer.
Solution 2. Generate a backup of your QuickBooks file
- In QuickBooks Desktop, head to the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Go to the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- Select Create Local Backup, then Local Backup, and then Next.
- Move to the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location to save your backup company file.
- Click Save it now to save the file and then click Next.
Solution 3. Get a new fidir.txt file
- Choose the QuickBooks version you are using and choose Download Linked File As.
- Save the downloaded fidir.txt file to your desktop.
- Move the old file to the trash and clear it.
- FIDR #1
- Tap the Option key and select the Finder menu.
- Choose Go and then Library.
- Open the user’s library folder and then browse the folder you downloaded (ApplicationSupport/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads).
- Drag the fidir.txt to the trash and then empty the trash.
- FIDR #2
- From the menu bar and click Go.
- Choose Applications and tap the Control key.
- Click QuickBooks 20XX, go to the contextual menu, and choose Show Package Contents.
- On the prompt window, double-click the Contents folder.
- Locate and open the Resources folder, drag the fidir.txt file to the trash and then clear the trash.
- Now, move the new file to the fidir.txt file to the resources folder.
- At last, import the .qbo file.
Following all the discussed solutions will help you resolve QuickBooks error OL-222. If you face any difficulty implementing the steps, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and contact the QuickBooks technical support team.
Related article :- QuickBooks won’t open