What is Snapmaker Rotary Module?
It is that one-of-a-kind module that jumps from flat milling to fabricating extraordinarily complex objects that far exceed the quality of most 3D prints. It is one of Snapmaker’s magic devices that expands the capabilities of its already versatile making machines. The 3D printing feature can now perform on a carved surface, while the laser engraving or cutting head can laser carve objects onto cylindrical or carved surfaces. Snapmaker is constantly making their machines incredible by developing new modules and accessories to make the printers an all-in-one manufacturing solution to tackle whatever creative project. And one of the developments they have done so far is the introduction of the Snapmaker 2.0 Rotary module; it is an extra tool compatible with the Snapmaker 2.0 and Artisan CNC machining and laser engraving and cutting module. The Snapmaker Rotary module supports a variety of materials, from wood to plastic and many more.
Apart from the mentioned facts and the uniqueness of the rotary module, you should know several things that make it one of the most sorted out modules. They are as follows;
- It enables you to make it in the 4th dimension; how? Snapmaker 2.0 Rotary module allows your Snapmaker to rotary CNC carving and laser, making it an exceedingly mighty desktop CNC machining powerhouse and many more.
- It offers precise control since it supports a 360 degrees continuous rotation with a maximum angular speed of 45 degrees per second and accurate control ranging from 0.2 to 1. And 5 degrees of rotation on the touchscreen; therefore, you can witness the difference in every motion.
- You can print on uneven or irregular surfaces without missing a step. How is this possible? Here is the thing, the rotary module uses a strain wave gearing and packs a 100:1 speed minimizer that converts the energy to a lower output speed. Therefore, this allows the 3-jaw chuck to rotate with a minimum angle of 0.1 degrees.
- Advanced 4th-axis linkage support enables the X, Y, Z, and B axes to move simultaneously. Therefore, you can import STL files and carve hollow objects with uniquely shaped outer shells in Snapmaker Luban software.
The Rotary module offers you the advantage of providing a high-precision 4-axis rotary milling or laser engraving on a curved surface. Snapmaker Rotary module can achieve ultra-fine machining without losing a single detail and supports various materials. Whether combined with the CNC machining module or the laser engraving and cutting module, the Rotary will still be compatible with one material. The materials are such;
- Non-transparent acrylic
Below are the specifications of the Rotary module depending on the size of the printer;
A250T Rotary modules specifications include the following;
- It weighs 2.2 kg
- It has a dimension of 120 x 284 x 108 mm (W x D x H)
- The material length range with tailstock is 10 – 70 mm, and without tailstock is 10 – 125 mm.
- The maximum material size used with the Rotary with tailstock is 70 x 68 mm; without tailstock is 125 x 68 mm.
A350T Rotary module specifications include the following;
- It weighs 2.4 kg
- It has a dimension of 120 x 384 x 108 mm (W x D x H). The material length range with tailstock is 10 – 170 mm, and without tailstock is 10 – 225 mm.
- The maximum material size used with the Rotary with tailstock is 170 length x 68 radii (mm), and without tailstock is 225 x 68 mm.